Monday 22 February 2010

Canadians are Awesome: What my little guys are going to look like.

So I haven't posted for a couple of weeks due to moving house, this sucks as it means I'm miles away from anywhere, but rules as the few things I am near are far more condusive toactually making this thing instead of the endless pages of scripts & writing I've been doing. Or calling everything reserch, when really I'm just googling places to buy Star Wars curtains.

Pretty much the first thing I put to paper was this:


Having drawn them, the idea being they should look like the comic characters I had previously drawn, but some how they came out looking like Canadians from the South Park Universe.



I'm kind of happy with this as Canadians are awesome. Here are some of my Favourites:


A Ghostbuster & a Blues Brother? You sir are Awesome.

He also makes wine. I could go on & on but I won't, we have a list to get through.


 Yes he is fictional, no I don't care.

Leslie Nielsen




Danny Antonucci

The Creator of Ed, Edd & Eddy

Be proud Canada, be damn Proud!

Jay Baruchel



Not only an ace actor & super proud Canadian, but I would climb over Anderson to get to him *swoon*

Here he is being super posi about his home town:


(I also recommend the Trotsky, here also is all of Undeclared on teh tube. Watch it. It's funny.)


 

John Kricfalusi

 

Creator of this, dude changed my life <3 

John Franklin Candy 

 
Dude, you are still missed in my book. But thanks.

 

There are plenty of others including Shatner, Cree Summer, Tara Strong, Phill Hartnell, The inventors of Trivial Pursuit, Mike Myers, Seth Rogan but I ran out of patience, time for bands:
I really wish I could found ANY of their videos. 
 
 Rush 
 
 
Again, a bijillion more I coud name, Japandroids & Vovoid spring stright to mind... But that's quite enough for on. Back on course. Saturday I went to my favourite haberdasher/material shop, Anglia Fashion Fabrics. It's just magical & the ladies who work there are all just superstars. Most of my little fella's clothes will be made from dolls clothes & my scrap bag, apart from the girl cardy, which I've started knitting. So all I really needed were the eyes & some felt to play around with. I've choosen dark pink for the girls skin as I want them to have dark brown hair (Yeah for old hair extensions...). I've got the nose for my dog puppet (More on that later) & a bell for his collar. Here is a picture of what I bought!

 

Honestly it's made me pretty excited. Hehe! I have also picked out names for my guys: I believe they will be Called POPPY & HUTCH, they are both names I've used before in short stories & they seemed to work well. If you can read my scrawlings around the top of the pictures, you will see the have personalities set out & there's also the phrase that will be the title of my show, but more on that later.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment