Sunday 7 February 2010

Sunday Puppet Awesomeness

I'm going to do this every Sunday. Just a video of some great puppteering. 



Ma nah ma nah.

This a great example of how simple a puppet can be to be unbelievably funny. I love the way they are designed to move, it's something I've been looking into a lot. I've written a list of movements I want my characters to be able to do. 

Firstly they have to be able to face palm:

Then they have to be able to do a big sigh:


(it's the moment at 0:15 that slays me every time.)

Then they have to be able to do a funny dance:


(Turn the sound off first if you are easily offended by shrill pop)

So the way I create them has to reflect these things. I feel the video above (The Muppets, not the GIANT Japanese cat.)  is one of many great examples of designing a puppet specifically for movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment