Sunday 28 March 2010

Puppet Sunday: Gin O Clock

Happy Sunday kids. I'm listening to the Cold War Kids as it is too sunny for something heavy & too cold for Stevie Wonder. I'm also drinking a G & T which is customary in our house on a Sunday. I like this custom a lot.

I'm currently living in Norfolk which is funny because everyone is accidently racist, but deppressing because a lot of people are actually massive racists. What the hell has this got to do with a TV show or Puppets?

Norwich Puppet Theatre:



I loved this place when I was a kid. It was just magical. The marrionettes they use have such a destinctive style.






I don't know who took these photos but if it was you, message me so I can give you credit, they are just lovely.


They remind me of Mirrormask:



They look like they've made themselves out of anything they can find, they are cute & creepy, beautiful & slightly haunting all at once.

However hard I tried to dismiss my love of puppetry as something childish, like wanting to be an astronaut, we kept getting taken on school trips here to see strange & wonderful things from all over the world, not just their own productions. Inspiring, inventive & like nothing else on earth.

It is also the same age as me (Although I think the Theatre, situated in old of Norwich's many churches that aren't churches, has aged considerably better!)



Although my Puppets will be quite different, I just wanted to share this wonderful place with you, if you ever get the chance to go, for godsakes GO! You can also Adopt A Puppet, which is possibly the cutest idea ever.

I have found it incredibly hard to find a decent video of one of their performances, so I will share with you another Norwich Institution: The Puppet Man:



Puppets make everyone happy. Happy Sunday to youse.

No comments:

Post a Comment